Home Forums CalendarBudget Support reconcile drag and drop feature not working

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I am having a problem with the drag and drop feature during the reconciliation process.  When I try to drag the entry from the left over to the calendar and drop it on a day, nothing happens.  The entry remains red on the left side of the page.  Any help with this will be appreciated greatly.  I am using a Windows Surface 2 and perhaps that might be the problem. 

Thank you

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

We don’t have a Surface 2 to test on – so that is likely the issue… Which browser are you using?

• pdshoe
      Participant

IE is the browser that I am using.  Should I try Firefox?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

We do our testing on Chrome, Firefox and IE, but haven’t tested the latest IE since its come out. If you can, yes, please try Firefox or Chrome.

• ColinLE_
      Participant

I am using Chrome, Windows 10 and cannot drag and drop items to reconcile either? It has worked for me before with this set up. I have had some trouble getting the boxes to turn green while dragging in the past, but I think it’s a screen resolution thing (Dell XPS 15 with the ultra hd screen). However, this is a different issue, when I drag the entry over, box turns green, but will not register on date.

• travis
      Participant

I am having the same issue, I am using windows 10 on a yoga 2 and an acer  laptop.  I use Chrome but have tried both firefox and IE all still the same unable to drag and drop. 

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

I’ve checked this on HD and non-HD computers — I think that’s the difference.

Consistently, it’s almost impossible to reconcile on HD computers, because the drag and drop is _finicky_. The title bar of the thing being dragged flickers red almost all the time (so it’s an error to drop), and it only spends any time green while I’m dragging leftward.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I’m afraid I’m in need of some education here. What’s an HD computer?
      Is HD = High Definition, Because… my screen here is 1920×1080 resolution…and it works fine here.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

YES, HD=high definition.

I thought for sure I’d figured out a difference. Oh well.

All I know is that my personal PC stopped letting me easily drag and drop to reconcile a while ago (I think it was when you upgraded the javascript UI library to work with the iPhone). My work PC’s fine.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I wont leave this un-investigated further, but won’t be able to have a close look until Sunday evening.

• travis
      Participant

reconcile drag and drop still not working?  Any progress on fixing? 

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Retested on our test machine and couldn’t find any problem.
      If you are using Chrome or Firefox, press f12 to open the developer console and go to the console tab. Then try to perform a drag action and see if anything shows up there (probably in red). Please copy and paste that here – that may give a clue as to what’s happening on your system.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

No error message.

That’s the problem — what’s happening isn’t an error, it’s intended by the framework author. The framework _thinks_ that releasing the mouse button (which means “dropping” a transaction) while the mouse is on top of the transaction is illegal because I’m “trying” to drop the transaction onto itself. Of course, the Javascript always moves the transaction to be under the mouse — so it’s always ‘illegal’ to drop a transaction, UNLESS by coincidence the transaction’s location hasn’t been moved yet. If I move fast enough, I have a VERY short window of time while the transaction’s ‘green’ and I can drop it, but very quickly the transaction will move under the cursor again, turn red, and if I drop it’ll do nothing. (This is the same behavior as if I drop the transaction onto something that’s not a Source.)

(This makes me wonder if I can work more easily on a slower machine — my PC’s pretty fast and is sheer hell to reconcile budgets on, while my work machine’s slow but is super-easy to do CalendarBudget on. Note that if a machine fails, it’ll fail on ALL browsers: Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, Opera.)

Is it possible, I wonder, that there’s some CSS flag on the ‘transaction’ that will make the dragAndDrop not think I’m trying to drop the transaction on itself?

I think this is a DOJO “bug” — some obscure problem caused by the port to the more recent version of Dojo.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Any chance you could take a short screen video to show me the problem?
      We had some issues like you’re describing during development but worked through them… or so we thought. We haven’t been able to duplicate the problem … my dev machine is a 12-core really fast machine. A video will help.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

Wow, capturing a video is a lot more complex than I expected… I downloaded “Open Broadcaster Software”, but I’m ALL tangled up trying to figure it out. (I think I got it right, but I *think* either its preview is completely broken or it’s on pause or it added 10 minutes of the first frame … I don’t know, I can’t make the video show what I did, it just sits there.)

What would you recommend using to get this recording?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I use Camtasia, but it’s not free.
      There is a great free recorder from the same company called Jing, I’d give that a try: https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

OK, I posted an animated GIF on my Google Drive, shared with all.

Notice that when moving left-to-right the drag bar flickers red/green; when moving right-to-left the drag bar stays green (EDIT: I meant _red_) (but I drop it while I’m trying to move left, and it fails anyhow, with no visible feedback).

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

What browser / screen resolution?
      From that gif, your browser size looks very small.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

Oh, I reduced the window size to obscure most of the information, and only used a capture window that big because that’s where the action was. Is there an indicator light I didn’t capture?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Seems to be working normally for me.
      I need more details to reproduce the problem.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkgh4i42Ki4

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

Such as?
      I do know it works at work, and not at home.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Sorry, I assumed you would watch the video link I added… It would help to know what browser you’re using and version of browser and what operating system. For example in the video I describe that I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Chrome. It may be that there is some issue with only certain browsers… And it may be that some browser extension is interfering as we’ve seen that in a number of other cases where some kind of browser extension restricts numerous behaviors.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

Oh. Videos… I’m bandwidth constrained.

However, I’ve noticed this problem on Windows 8.1 and 10; all browsers I’ve tried (Firefox, Chrome, Opera). I just tried it in Chrome’s private mode (no extensions, etc), same result. It’s something about the _computer_ (and I have a work computer using the same Chrome profile, so all the same extensions, and it works perfectly).

My guess above was that it was the HD resolution monitor; but obviously that’s not it. Perhaps it’s the presence of an integrated trackpad, or the Dell drivers for it.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Hmm. strange indeed. I’m not sure how to help… if its a local issue on your computer… you’d have to troubleshoot by disabling certain things you have installed :(

• LMHarris2000
      Participant

I’m having the same problem – on Chrome, on a acer laptop, Windows 10. I can’t get it to reconcile anything. Flickers green and red like was stated earlier…. :( I click and drag and nothing happens.

• travis
      Participant

Back in Nov. I posted I am having same issues…..

” I am having the same issue, I am using windows 10 on a yoga 2 and an acer  laptop.  I use Chrome but have tried both firefox and IE all still the same unable to drag and drop.”

Still having the same problems. 

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Hi folks,

I’ve created a short (2-minute) video showing that a) drag n drop it is working on Chrome and b) how to troubleshoot your Chrome extensions by disabling them and seeing if that is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlhjuHaOjrQ
      Let me know if that works for you.

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

It doesn’t matter what browser I’m using or whether extensions are enabled. I’ve tried on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer (multiple versions), and Opera.

It’s a computer thing, not a browser thing.

The non-working computer has a Dell touchpad — I wonder if that’s the common element?

• travis
      Participant

The drag and drop is not just a chrome issue,  I have tried using this feature in IE and firefox and same results on both my acer laptop and my Lenovo yoga.  But just to make sure I did go into chrome and i disabled all the extension I had… 4 of them,  made no difference. 

• bmcg
      Participant

I am also experiencing this issue.  I have tried Chrome, FireFox, and Safari on a MacBook Pro as well as Chrome on an Asus running Ubuntu 15.10.

Has there been any further development here?  I just found CalendarBudget and really like it but not being able to reconcile is a deal breaker.
      Please let me know if I can assist troubleshooting this issue.

Watching the console in Chrome while attempting to drag and drop I do see an “Uncaught URIError: URI malformed” message.  The number of instances of this error increase as I attempt to drag.  I can provide screenshots if that helps.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Sure – screen shots would help. No problems on Windows Chrome.

• barmendariz
      Participant

I have also been experiencing this same issue.  I have tried multiple machines, Surface, Desktop, Laptop, Tablet with multiple browsers, IE, Edge, Chrome and still have nothing happen when I attempt the drag and drop feature to reconcile my budget to my bank.  I have been using this program for over a year and it has always worked well.  It is very helpful and I am hopeful this issue will be resolved soon.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.