Home › Forums › CalendarBudget Support › reconcile drag and drop feature not working
- pdshoeParticipantAugust 26, 2015 at 8:17 pmPost count: 2
I am having a problem with the drag and drop feature during the reconciliation process. When I try to drag the entry from the left over to the calendar and drop it on a day, nothing happens. The entry remains red on the left side of the page. Any help with this will be appreciated greatly. I am using a Windows Surface 2 and perhaps that might be the problem.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterAugust 27, 2015 at 5:42 pmPost count: 374
We don’t have a Surface 2 to test on – so that is likely the issue… Which browser are you using?
- pdshoeParticipantAugust 28, 2015 at 11:53 amPost count: 2
IE is the browser that I am using. Should I try Firefox?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterAugust 28, 2015 at 5:43 pmPost count: 374
We do our testing on Chrome, Firefox and IE, but haven’t tested the latest IE since its come out. If you can, yes, please try Firefox or Chrome.
- ColinLE_ParticipantOctober 21, 2015 at 7:16 pmPost count: 1
I am using Chrome, Windows 10 and cannot drag and drop items to reconcile either? It has worked for me before with this set up. I have had some trouble getting the boxes to turn green while dragging in the past, but I think it’s a screen resolution thing (Dell XPS 15 with the ultra hd screen). However, this is a different issue, when I drag the entry over, box turns green, but will not register on date.
- travisParticipantNovember 8, 2015 at 4:23 pmPost count: 7
I am having the same issue, I am using windows 10 on a yoga 2 and an acer laptop. I use Chrome but have tried both firefox and IE all still the same unable to drag and drop.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantNovember 11, 2015 at 2:30 amPost count: 27
I’ve checked this on HD and non-HD computers — I think that’s the difference.
Consistently, it’s almost impossible to reconcile on HD computers, because the drag and drop is _finicky_. The title bar of the thing being dragged flickers red almost all the time (so it’s an error to drop), and it only spends any time green while I’m dragging leftward.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterNovember 11, 2015 at 2:59 amPost count: 374
I’m afraid I’m in need of some education here. What’s an HD computer?
Is HD = High Definition, Because… my screen here is 1920×1080 resolution…and it works fine here.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantNovember 12, 2015 at 12:20 amPost count: 27
YES, HD=high definition.
I thought for sure I’d figured out a difference. Oh well.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterNovember 12, 2015 at 12:57 amPost count: 374
I wont leave this un-investigated further, but won’t be able to have a close look until Sunday evening.
- travisParticipantDecember 29, 2015 at 4:14 amPost count: 7
reconcile drag and drop still not working? Any progress on fixing?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterDecember 29, 2015 at 5:09 amPost count: 374
Retested on our test machine and couldn’t find any problem.
If you are using Chrome or Firefox, press f12 to open the developer console and go to the console tab. Then try to perform a drag action and see if anything shows up there (probably in red). Please copy and paste that here – that may give a clue as to what’s happening on your system.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantJanuary 4, 2016 at 12:08 amPost count: 27
No error message.
(This makes me wonder if I can work more easily on a slower machine — my PC’s pretty fast and is sheer hell to reconcile budgets on, while my work machine’s slow but is super-easy to do CalendarBudget on. Note that if a machine fails, it’ll fail on ALL browsers: Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, Opera.)
Is it possible, I wonder, that there’s some CSS flag on the ‘transaction’ that will make the dragAndDrop not think I’m trying to drop the transaction on itself?
I think this is a DOJO “bug” — some obscure problem caused by the port to the more recent version of Dojo.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterJanuary 4, 2016 at 12:38 amPost count: 374
Any chance you could take a short screen video to show me the problem?
We had some issues like you’re describing during development but worked through them… or so we thought. We haven’t been able to duplicate the problem … my dev machine is a 12-core really fast machine. A video will help.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantJanuary 4, 2016 at 4:24 pmPost count: 27
Wow, capturing a video is a lot more complex than I expected… I downloaded “Open Broadcaster Software”, but I’m ALL tangled up trying to figure it out. (I think I got it right, but I *think* either its preview is completely broken or it’s on pause or it added 10 minutes of the first frame … I don’t know, I can’t make the video show what I did, it just sits there.)
What would you recommend using to get this recording?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterJanuary 4, 2016 at 5:01 pmPost count: 374
I use Camtasia, but it’s not free.
There is a great free recorder from the same company called Jing, I’d give that a try: https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
- wtanksleyjrParticipantFebruary 11, 2016 at 6:11 amPost count: 27
OK, I posted an animated GIF on my Google Drive, shared with all.
Notice that when moving left-to-right the drag bar flickers red/green; when moving right-to-left the drag bar stays green (EDIT: I meant _red_) (but I drop it while I’m trying to move left, and it fails anyhow, with no visible feedback).
- Eric PoulinKeymasterFebruary 11, 2016 at 12:22 pmPost count: 374
What browser / screen resolution?
From that gif, your browser size looks very small.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantFebruary 11, 2016 at 2:16 pmPost count: 27
Oh, I reduced the window size to obscure most of the information, and only used a capture window that big because that’s where the action was. Is there an indicator light I didn’t capture?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterFebruary 11, 2016 at 2:36 pmPost count: 374
Seems to be working normally for me.
I need more details to reproduce the problem.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantFebruary 11, 2016 at 3:05 pmPost count: 27
I do know it works at work, and not at home.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterFebruary 11, 2016 at 3:14 pmPost count: 374
Sorry, I assumed you would watch the video link I added… It would help to know what browser you’re using and version of browser and what operating system. For example in the video I describe that I’m using Windows 10 and the latest version of Chrome. It may be that there is some issue with only certain browsers… And it may be that some browser extension is interfering as we’ve seen that in a number of other cases where some kind of browser extension restricts numerous behaviors.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantFebruary 11, 2016 at 3:39 pmPost count: 27
Oh. Videos… I’m bandwidth constrained.
However, I’ve noticed this problem on Windows 8.1 and 10; all browsers I’ve tried (Firefox, Chrome, Opera). I just tried it in Chrome’s private mode (no extensions, etc), same result. It’s something about the _computer_ (and I have a work computer using the same Chrome profile, so all the same extensions, and it works perfectly).
My guess above was that it was the HD resolution monitor; but obviously that’s not it. Perhaps it’s the presence of an integrated trackpad, or the Dell drivers for it.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterFebruary 11, 2016 at 4:05 pmPost count: 374
Hmm. strange indeed. I’m not sure how to help… if its a local issue on your computer… you’d have to troubleshoot by disabling certain things you have installed :(
- LMHarris2000ParticipantMarch 8, 2016 at 3:33 pmPost count: 1
I’m having the same problem – on Chrome, on a acer laptop, Windows 10. I can’t get it to reconcile anything. Flickers green and red like was stated earlier…. :( I click and drag and nothing happens.
- travisParticipantMarch 30, 2016 at 5:13 amPost count: 7
Back in Nov. I posted I am having same issues…..
” I am having the same issue, I am using windows 10 on a yoga 2 and an acer laptop. I use Chrome but have tried both firefox and IE all still the same unable to drag and drop.”
Still having the same problems.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterMarch 30, 2016 at 2:49 pmPost count: 374
I’ve created a short (2-minute) video showing that a) drag n drop it is working on Chrome and b) how to troubleshoot your Chrome extensions by disabling them and seeing if that is the problem.
Let me know if that works for you.
- wtanksleyjrParticipantMarch 30, 2016 at 5:07 pmPost count: 27
It doesn’t matter what browser I’m using or whether extensions are enabled. I’ve tried on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer (multiple versions), and Opera.
It’s a computer thing, not a browser thing.
The non-working computer has a Dell touchpad — I wonder if that’s the common element?
- travisParticipantApril 1, 2016 at 2:38 amPost count: 7
The drag and drop is not just a chrome issue, I have tried using this feature in IE and firefox and same results on both my acer laptop and my Lenovo yoga. But just to make sure I did go into chrome and i disabled all the extension I had… 4 of them, made no difference.
- bmcgParticipantSeptember 25, 2016 at 5:55 pmPost count: 1
I am also experiencing this issue. I have tried Chrome, FireFox, and Safari on a MacBook Pro as well as Chrome on an Asus running Ubuntu 15.10.
Has there been any further development here? I just found CalendarBudget and really like it but not being able to reconcile is a deal breaker.
Please let me know if I can assist troubleshooting this issue.
Watching the console in Chrome while attempting to drag and drop I do see an “Uncaught URIError: URI malformed” message. The number of instances of this error increase as I attempt to drag. I can provide screenshots if that helps.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterOctober 29, 2016 at 8:03 pmPost count: 374
Sure – screen shots would help. No problems on Windows Chrome.
- barmendarizParticipantAugust 21, 2017 at 3:49 pmPost count: 1
I have also been experiencing this same issue. I have tried multiple machines, Surface, Desktop, Laptop, Tablet with multiple browsers, IE, Edge, Chrome and still have nothing happen when I attempt the drag and drop feature to reconcile my budget to my bank. I have been using this program for over a year and it has always worked well. It is very helpful and I am hopeful this issue will be resolved soon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.