- todd1215ParticipantMay 4, 2015 at 12:51 pmPost count: 10
I think it would be useful to be able to track the entry date of a transaction and then also it’s reconciliation date as well. For me I set up bill payments in advance and when they get reconciled it gets moved to the date the payment was processed by the bank. I think this is good for tracking the reconciliation part but if I want to go back and see what date I paid the bill I can’t because it moved to the bank process date.
Would it be possible to automatically make an entry in the notes or something that it was processed by the bank on mm/dd/yy but was marked as paid on mm/dd/yy ?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterMay 4, 2015 at 1:27 pmPost count: 374
Interesting idea. Yes, I could automate a note, but, can I ask why you want to track the original date? I can’t think of a useful reason to track that date.
- todd1215ParticipantMay 6, 2015 at 12:44 pmPost count: 10
Its more so that I know when was the date that I marked the payment as being paid really. So that might even be a better feature, to note the date the bill was marked as paid and then when you reconcile if the date changes to the bank processed date at least you’d have a quick idea of when you actually paid it. Just some extra info that may be useful
- todd1215ParticipantJune 5, 2015 at 1:24 pmPost count: 10
Maybe a better more simpler way would be to put an icon on the transaction that has been reconciled that signifies that it’s already been done.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterJune 5, 2015 at 5:04 pmPost count: 374
We have that now. If you right click on an entry in the calendar, you can use the “Mark as completed”.
You could use the current “Notes” field to track the original date if you like also. I’m not sure enough people would want to do this to create a new field for it – we want to keep the UI clean and simple and I think you could use the Notes field for what you’re asking.
- todd1215ParticipantAugust 13, 2015 at 4:11 pmPost count: 10
I would accept that as an answer if in fact when you reconciled a transaction it would automatically get marked as Completed but that is not the case. Yours is a manual process.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterAugust 13, 2015 at 4:14 pmPost count: 374
Yes, it is a manual process. At the moment, we do no differential between entries that have been reconciled with the bank or enteries that have been previously entered as part of planning.
- todd1215ParticipantSeptember 5, 2015 at 12:30 pmPost count: 10
It would make it much easier to reconcile your account if you where to put another icon on the transaction to let you know at a quick glance that its been reconciled.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterSeptember 7, 2015 at 4:16 amPost count: 374
Ya, good call. Done!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.