Home Forums Feature Wish List reconcliation page refresh

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When I’m reconciling it gets to be a bit daunting every time I match a transaction the page refreshes and resets the list of loaded transactions back to the top. It would be nice if the list part went back to you last day you where reconciling for.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Ideally you start at the top of the list of items to be reconciled and then the items simply disappear as you reconcile them.
      If you start at the bottom or middle the problem you’re describing does happen. Try starting at the top – its a much better experience :)

• todd1215
      Participant

well that does sound optimal but I have loads of green boxes that don’t get removed from the reconciliation list. I just dragged one to it’s intended location and it didn’t remove from the list. So I have to scroll through the whole list before I can find the red ones. I’m not sure the reconciliation feature is working as expected.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

If you drag the topmost reconciliation item onto the calendar and it does not disappear, its because the end-of-day balance on the calendar doesn’t match the end-of-day balance as reported from your bank file. Have a look at whats missing. Maybe you have an extra item in your calendar, or are missing something, or the amount on one of the calendar entries is not correct…. Worst case is the day balance previous to the first entry in your bank  file doesn’t match, in which case, you’ll need to either download a bank file that has more history to find the error or add an adjustment entry on the first day of the bank file reconciliation to make the end-of-day balances match.

• todd1215
      Participant

ok I get it now, not that intuative though, and yes I’ve watched the videos. I had to break out the calculator to resolve the issues I had. Would be nice if maybe the reconciliation part would show the difference between what the bank has and the supposed balance for that day to make it a little quicker to find what transaction that maybe messing you up. Just a thought.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Good idea – added to our to-do list.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.