- jenell.longParticipantAugust 31, 2010 at 10:20 pmPost count: 1
I continuously receive the error, “The file selected is invalid. Select a valid PC Banking export file (OFX/QFX).” despite exporting my transactions as an OFX file from my bank (BECU). What are my options for resolving this? CSV? Maybe you guys can provide a template to follow for allowing CSV uploads? (I read in another discussion that you guys are purposely not allowing csv due to multiple formats used by banks).
- Eric PoulinKeymasterAugust 31, 2010 at 10:24 pmPost count: 374
Thanks for bringing this up. Although OFX is a standard format, our experience is that different banks format the OFX file slightly differently from each other.
If you can send me your OFX file, I’ll give it a try on our test system and make any adjustments needed to have your file be accepted properly.
- AnonymousGuestSeptember 4, 2010 at 7:24 pmPost count: 42
Hi Eric, I’m running into the same problem setting up a CalendarBudget account. I have Quicken installed & when I try to download the file, the file automatically opens Quicken. Is there a way to save the file the QFX file without opening Quicken?
So I downloaded the file as Microsoft Money, (which I don’t have installed), so far so good. But when I try open the file in CB I get the same error message as above.
I’ll be happy to send you the file – it’s Alberta Treasury Branch – ATB. Where do I send the file?
- Eric PoulinKeymasterSeptember 4, 2010 at 8:49 pmPost count: 374
Jenell’s issue turned out to be a problem with the way her bank formatted the OFX file. I’ve altered CalendarBudget to compensate for the problem — this fix should be available on the server in a few days after testing. However, not all problems are the same. I recommend sending me your file to see if you’re experiencing a different issue.
You can send it me at email@example.com
- AnonymousGuestSeptember 4, 2010 at 9:43 pmPost count: 42
Thanks – the file is on its way.
- Eric PoulinKeymasterSeptember 15, 2010 at 5:14 amPost count: 374
Just put this fix onto the production server. Let me know if you have any other problems.
- tamsterParticipantOctober 31, 2010 at 5:01 amPost count: 1
I just signed up for the 30 day trial and am getting the same message as the others when I am trying to upload a OFX file.
Can I send my file to you to have a look at too?
Thanks for your help
- Eric PoulinKeymasterNovember 1, 2010 at 4:02 amPost count: 374
Certainly – send it over and I’ll have a look.
- LonnyParticipantJune 15, 2016 at 8:06 amPost count: 1
Thanks for bringing this up.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.