Home Forums CalendarBudget Support Moving Info from web to android app

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m new to CB, and I love it!  I’ve been begging my husband to learn to program so he could write EXACTLY this program for my cash flow OCD needs.  THANK YOU  from both of us!
      I’ve been using CB for about a month, and love it so much that I purchased the android app.  Now (please remember that I know nothing about computers, programming, files, etc.) I’m trying to move all my info from the computer/cloud to my mobile app.  I tried the export file thingy… and it made a CSV file in excel for me, I put it in dropbox, and tried to upload it on the mobile app, but it doesn’t work.  First, it warns me when saving that it isn’t compatible with CSV.  I don’t know how to make it compatible, so I save it anyway.  Then when I try to use the file in the app it gives me an error that goes… “loading ;/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/…..blah blah… Invalid date for ‘amount’ Exception:java.lang. NumberFormatException: Invalid double: “Entry Title”….” and it goes on to say (I think) that there is invalid data for amount on all the transactions being moved in the file. 

Ok… so maybe that was way more than anyone needed to know, but I REALLY LOVE this app and need to get in working on my phone!  If there is anyone out there who knows how to make a file and move it to my phone so I don’t have to re-enter all my work, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

We do now have a native Android app which you can get from the Play Store.
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calendarbudget.mobile

• wannawestcoast
      Participant

AAACK!!!  No way!  I was so sure after looking at the pics that it was the same… somebody stole your idea and made an app…

It’s called Budget Calendar for smartphones  version 1.2.579
      website is http://www.mishell.ca/

It’s almost identical to this calendar, with the high/low, and everything!

They charge about $5 for it.

I guess I’ll just keep my money on the laptop for now.  Thanks for your help, and I hope YOUR app comes out soon!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Budget Calendar has been around for a long time as a downloadable app (not a web-based app like CalendarBudget).
      We’ve reviewed their software a number of times and have been unimpressed, but didn’t know they have a mobile app – thanks for the heads up!

• RagsToRiches
      Participant

I am REALLY looking forward to an app version of this site! CalendarBudget has totally transformed my financial outlook!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.