Home Forums Feature Wish List Help – Program Speed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello!  I love the concept of this program and have been a subscriber for about a year.  Problem is, the program runs SO SLOWLY that I haven’t logged in to use it in over 200 days.  I finally came back today and it took me LITERALLY five minutes to change a category and update the color.  FIVE MINUTES per category, and then the system just up and logged me out after 30 minutes.  I really think this program is so valuable and useful, but it is so frustrating that it runs so slowly.  I stopped using it previously because it would take several minutes (spinning rainbow wheel time on a Mac) to drag and drop one single transaction.  My computer is not old and my network connection is not slow, so what can I do to speed this up so I can use it regularly without tearing my hair out?

Thanks so much!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Wow. 5 minutes feels like an eternity on the web :) I feel your pain.
      The speed of the app depends on several factors, most important being your computer speed and browser.
      You mentioned you’re using a Mac. We test on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.5.8, 2Gz Processor, 2GB RAM) here and CalendarBudget runs very fast (takes just seconds to do anything).
      Are you using the latest version of Safari (5.0) or Firefox (3.6)? If not, upgrade to the latest version which should improve the speed a lot. In fact, the fastest browser we’ve tested is Google Chrome, which now has a Mac version. Give it a try at http://www.google.com/chrome?platform=mac.
      CalendarBudget flies on Chrome!!

• Flick
      Participant

Hello,

I have just begun using this program. I think it has a lot of potential, but for some reason, as I continue to update information, it is getting slower and slower… I am only persisting as I have already put many hours into the setup and I’d rather not think of it as a waste… What is going on?
      I have no problem accessing the forum and other websites, so computer, browser and net speed are definitely not the problem.
      Your help would be appreciated.

Many thanks .

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I wish I had a good answer for you, but its likely a matter of server speed. As you add more data, each time CalendarBudget displays, it has to lookup more nad more information from the database. This is likely the cause of slow downs… but it should not be REALLY slow. How slow are we talking? A few seconds between clicks?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.