Home Forums CalendarBudget Support Cannot reconcile/ How to set an opening balance

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I began using CalendarBudget last month and I have been loving it… until I tried to reconcile my first bank statement. I set my starting balance based on last month’s bank statement and have entered each and every entry all month long. When I upload the OFX file every transaction matches and the end balance is correct. Yay! Except, it will not show as cleared because according to the program the balance was not correct before my start date. How can I fix this? I have tried a couple of different times to work on this problem and each time it gives me a different starting balance! Help, please. I would like to continue using this software, but this may be a deal breaker.

• standbyq13
      Participant

After getting no reply to the email I sent a week ago and this post I decided to suck it up and try to reset my account. I imported all of the data from the last month from my bank and uploaded it. The balance does not match my statement! I cannot understand how this application is handling the math, but I simply cannot have a running balance that is $500 off. I am so frustrated.  >:(

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Sorry about the frustration. Since its a free app I can only do support on Sundays and this last week I was sick :(

• standbyq13
      Participant

I am still having problems with this. If you could please help me figure out why the application will not reconcile my account I would greatly appreciate it. After starting over and recreating a full month’s transactions I got it to reconcile that time, but now it won’t agree with itself. I decided to reconcile more often, like every week to keep up and make the work less daunting. Every time I try it tells me that the account was not in balance before the day I start, no matter where I start! I even tried to go back to the beginning, which it agreed to last time, and it won’t agree to that. I have checked every transaction and they are all correct. The reconcile tool simply will not add up.

I love the concept for this application, but either I am not understanding some functionality, or there is a flaw in the reconcile function. The end balance does not match the end balance from my bank. I cannot seem to make the application accept it.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I hate providing poor support… just so busy lately, but I want to help you.
      Could you send me a copy of your OFX file you are trying to reconcile and I’ll have a look.
      Please send to epoulin@calendarbudget.com. Also if you could be specific about what balance you are expecting on a particular date, that will be helpful when I investigate.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.