As society progresses, many things change that affect our quality of life. I often find myself thinking about the question, “Are we better off than our parents were at our age?” Would a personal finance app have made a difference to them as much as it does for us these days?
From personal observation, I note that:
- our parents had much greater job security/loyalty
- credit spending wasn’t so high during our parents’ generation which made financial stress less of a concern than it is in our day. The stress of increasing debt levels is very real for us
- crime rate – not sure if its higher or lower than our parents’ generation. I wonder if there are ties to general financial prosperity?
- our parents worked hard for many years for what they have. We want instantly what our parents worked hard/waited to earn
- These days, we have a much higher rate of secondary education completion. This delays us entering the workforce by several years but in the end yields a higher income level
- today we have a much tighter global economy – a small change anywhere in the world can affect the whole world’s economy
Having considered these things, and knowing that the technology just wasn’t there for our parents’ generation, I bet a personal finance app would have made them even more prosperous than they were. Any financial tool when properly applied helps.
CalendarBudget is the online budget tool you need to manage your debt levels and keep away from easy credit and impulse buying. Take the Getting Started video course when you purchase the CalendarBudget personal finance app and message us on Facebook for immediate support.