Home Forums Feature Wish List Transfers Have Different Transaction Dates in Each Account

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When I add a transfer during planning, both accounts have the same future transaction date. What really happens for a lot of financial institutions, the money is taken out of account A one day, and it doesn’t appear in account B until the next day or two. Worst case, I have an HSA account that takes 5 or 6 days to show a transfer from my checking account. When I reconcile my checking account, the planning date and the actual date are the same. However, if I try to reconcile the HSA account, it goes back and changes the date of the checking account. So I can’t reconcile both accounts. The result is, the next time I reconcile the accounts, there are red transactions that I can’t fix and they stay red forever.

Bottom line, it would be great to allow a different date for each side of a reconciled transaction.

• mmckeaney
      Participant

Is there a reason why it takes so long for the original post to get “approved”?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

No reason in particular, except that this forum is based on *really* old code and the notification system is a little flakey :(
      We are in the process of moving this forum to a more modern one… takes a long time to migrate all of the entries – we definitely don't want to lose any of the great content here.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Ya, I agree with you. The details get a little complex but I think we can work it out. Again – this would fall under enhancements to the updated browser version coming later this year.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.