Home Forums Feature Wish List Split entries and reconciling

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Is it still on your list to allow the reconciliation to recognize splits?  If I have split a transaction into 2 or 3…then I try to reconcile, the recon doesn't recognize that it is already there, even though the amounts match overall.  I do this quite a bit with my Amazon card as well as the grocery store because I buy things from many categories at those places and want to track them separately….

This is from a post from this forum in 2013:

“I expected the split transactions to “remember” where they'd come from and let you reconcile to the original amount, but instead they simply don't match at all. Hmm. Not optimal. To work around this, I only split after about a week, and I don't reconcile further back than that… But I'm expecting that to fail any day now, since another thing that can make reconciliation confusing is repeating events where the actual transaction posts late (or doesn't post at all) so the fake (unreconciled) event appears in the past.”

your response:
      You raise a good point. When reconciling we look at 2 things. First, the balance on the day (regardless of the number of entries), so if you balance is right, even if you've split the entry it will still consider that day as “reconciled”. If the day balance doesn't match, we start trying to match individual entries. Here the split would not get recognized. It's a good idea to have CB try to match a split entry, we'll add that to our list.

Let me say though-I LOVE this tool!  I have tried many budgeting apps and they just don't work for me.  This one laid out like a calendar really makes sense with my brain!

Another item I would like to see is a report that shows budget vs spent.  I know I can see the variance to the side, but it would be nice to have all of the #s there in a report.

Thanks!
      Lori

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

It is.
      We've been entirely focused on the mobile app recently, but as soon as that is done a MAJOR rewrite of the browser version is queued up to improve performance and add a bunch of new features such as this. We anticipate getting started with that in Jan, possibly earlier.

• lafrench
      Participant

Has there been any update to this?  What is the status of the browser version re-write?

Thanks!!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Browser rewrite is scheduled for this summer. The recent update to our login is a first step.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.