Home Forums Feature Wish List Reports > Export Data to CSV File

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

1) When I export the data to a CSV file and click Open, it opens the file in the same tab/window as CalendarBudget was in … so I can’t cross-check with CalendarBudget and for some reason it takes forever to switch back to CalendarBudget when I hit the back button on my browser.  Could you please make it so that the CSV file opens up in a brand new tab/window?

2) I like how the information is presented; however, I would like a bit more information added in.  When the report is exported from an individual bank account, I would simply like to see a running account balance next to each transaction.  When the report is exported from the (upcoming) SnapShot header which summarizes all accounts, I would like to see the transactions from all accounts (sorted by date) followed by a figure for the combined running account balance and then the individual running balance for each bank account.  This is how my personal budget spreadsheet was set up before I started using CalendarBudget, as this is something that is very helpful to me in assessing my overall financial picture in terms of how each transaction affects my liquid assets an then figuring out what enhancements I can implement.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Sure – these 2 requests are easy enough to do. 
      I’ll try to get them into the next system upgrade.

The reloading time issue may have to do with IE7.  If you have them, try Firefox 3, or Chrome – the are WAY faster for heavy javascript apps like CalendarBudget.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Done – those changes are up on the server. 

• frugalcoconut
      Participant

HTTP Status 500 –

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
      sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:991)
      java.lang.Float.valueOf(Float.java:388)
      java.lang.Float.(Float.java:489)
      calendarbudget.servlets.ajax.ExportToCSV.service(ExportToCSV.java:37)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.25 logs.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.25

• frugalcoconut
      Participant

Sometimes I just get a windows pop-up error message … depending on what dates I put in ???  Really strange…

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Thats ugly…
      Its seems to not like when the dates span different years.
      Investigating a fix asap.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

There we go.
      The system didn’t like a start date that was before there was any account activity.
      It should be fixed now, at least I am no longer getting that error.
      Let me know if anything else is causing you trouble.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.