Home Forums Feature Wish List Repeat Forever

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Why can’t we create transactions that repeat forever? It’s not like I’m going to stop paying my mortgage in two years or not have a water bill. Many of my transactions are set to autopay and are long term subscriptions, so having to pay attention to the expiration date for recurring transactions doesn’t make sense.

• Robert
      Participant

I set mine for the max number of times instead of using dates. The maximum number of times monthly is 120 which is 10 years. Not forever, but enough that I don’t have to think about it for a while.

• ValZho
      Participant

I assume that this is a limitation of how transactions are stored in the database — that when you create a repeating event it generates all of the separate transactions in the database all at once. As such, there would have to be a limitation to the maximum number that you could create lest you crash the system, etc., i.e., repeat forever would = infinite loop creating transactions.

Might there be a different way to do repeating transactions? Maybe, but it gets a whole heck of a lot trickier with this kind of system as opposed to your typical budgeting system or task manager that just generates a new item when you mark the current one complete.

• davidnicholasharris@gmail
      Participant

I agree with this wish. I just entered the same one, then scrolled through the forum and found this request too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.