Home Forums CalendarBudget Support Increasing Page Load Times

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Greetings fellow CB users!

I’m wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am with Calendarbudget.  I use Chrome as my browser (but only because Eric hasn’t added support for Opera….yet.  ;)) and I’ve noticed that the longer my session, the longer my changes/updates take to load.  So much so that sometimes Chrome will time out and ask me if I want to kill the page.  I’ve found that closing the browser and then logging back in will help, but it’s an ongoing problem.

Anyone else experience anything similar, or is this something screwy on my end?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I haven’t seen any errors like this. Are you running on a slower machine perhaps? Script warnings are based on timers – if a script takes too long to run this message would appear. Have you been able to determine what activity you are doing in CalendarBudget that causes this warning?
      I do have some script performance enhancements planned but hadn’t prioritized them because, as far as I knew, it wasn’t an important issue.

• Thumper
      Participant

I haven’t seen any errors like this. Are you running on a slower machine perhaps?

Yeah, she’s getting a bit long in the tooth.  Still, I don’t see issues like this with other websites. 

Script warnings are based on timers – if a script takes too long to run this message would appear. Have you been able to determine what activity you are doing in CalendarBudget that causes this warning?

There isn’t one particular activity.  It just seems to build over time as I use the site.  I tend to work on the budget for a couple hours at a sitting,  and the number of changes I make seems to add up over time as far as moving data back and forth.

However!

Just for fun yesterday, I tried using Opera again, and damned if it doesn’t work!  And it doesn’t seem to suffer from the same issues as Chrome.  I can make as many changes as I like with very little difference in page updates.

So!  I sort of kind of solved my own problem.  I’ll be using Opera (my preferred browser o/) for the foreseeable future.  No hurry on the script performance enhancers Eric. :)

Thanks for the inquiry though.  Greatly appreciated!!

• ivicaSD
      Participant

I have the same problem in Chrome, but ONLY when current month has a lot of items showing on screen!
      On the beginning of the month – it runs smoothly (there are just a few items entered), but at the end of the month it refreshes very slowly!

• wtanksleyjr
      Participant

It’s REALLY painful when I’m checking off items, especially since I just dragged the item, waited for the data to transfer, right-clicked and checked the item, and now have to wait again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.