Home Forums Feature Wish List Inability to Access "Account Setup (Premium)"

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Three issues:

1.  I want to be able to change the name(s) of my account(s) no matter what.  I do not believe that performng such a simple editing task should be restricted to premium membership.

2.  I want to be able to delete accounts no matter what.  For someone who has set up multiple accounts already during the beta or 30-day trial period, it is frustrating not to be able to go back in and delete the extra accounts that are obviously there but cannot be viewed or updated. 

3)  This one is more complicated… I want to be able to change the default account.  Obviously there are issues here because technically a user could constantly change the default account and bypass the premium requirement somewhat.  I know there are workarounds but not sure what is best.  I definitely think that if the default account is deleted (per the change in # 2 above), it should allow you to select a new default account … but I think it should also go further than that.  Thoughts?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

There will always be some frustration when trying to work around the limitations of a free version.  There always upgrading to Premium ( :) ) which we specifically set at a low fee.

I can understand wanting to change the name of the account.  Managing other accounts however can be a problem as you’ve outlined in your point 3. If you are in the Basic account level, having other accounts there should not be an issue since you just don’t use them – and CalendarBudget will automatically set you to your default account, so I’m not sure the need to delete accounts.

Perhaps a one-time use of the account setup allowing you to switch default accounts, change names or whatever would be ok – in case you didn’t make the change before slipping into Basic.  Otherwise, those resitrctions are there to encourage people to upgrade while still offering a free version of the product for people with Basic needs. 

For now, if you email me directly (epoulin@calendarbudget.com) I’ll switch your default account to whatever you like until I get these changes into the product.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

We’ve adjusted this fairly recently… You can now change the name of your accounts, reset accounts, etc. To change your default account, you’ll need to either subscribe to premium or contact support who can make the change for you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.