Home Forums CalendarBudget Support Duplicate entries whe importing recurring transactions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

So, I used the web version two years ago.  Every time I would import my bank statement, it would duplicate my recurring transactions.  1.  Has this happened to anyone else?  2.  What do I do to avoid this?
      I really want to try using this again.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Have you watched the short tutorial on Bank reconciling?
      https://youtu.be/Jk5s1RkBQrs
      The idea is your imported transactions get dragged on to the calendar where you already have your future plans. Rather than simply dragging them on to the calendar, if you drag them onto an existing entry it will update that entry. This will prevent a duplication and rather will simply update any transactions that you had as part of your plan. Dragging Bank import entries onto an existing entry will update both the date and the amount of the entry with what actually happened in your bank account.

• Kallen805
      Participant

Thank you for that.  When I last used CalendarBudget, the dragging onto wasn’t there, or I just didn’t know about it.  Anyway, it makes reconciliating so much easier!  I will now start using the app again!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.