Home Forums Feature Wish List Consolidation with Reality drag and drop in consolidation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am using the bank consolidation assistant all the time. I wish I could see the drag and drop, though. About half the time, it doesn’t work – sometimes I see a red bar and the drag doesn’t happen (though I don’t know why) and sometimes nothing happens at all. And because the program is a bit slow, it ends up taking up a lot of time. In fact, because it shows up several seconds later, the red or green bar is not very helpful.

Any chance of improvements so I can see the drag and drop and know if its working or not right away?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Thanks for your comment.
      Sometimes that bothers me too. If you drag a little more slowly, the drag indicator always comes up – but of course, noone wants to “go slower” just to see that indicator.
      While testing, I’ve found that Google’s Chrome browser runs way faster than even Firefox.  You could give that a try.
      I am planning to do some general performance enhancements over the next month and I’ll be sure to investigate drag and drop and do what I can.

• plexxus
      Participant

Hi again Eric

I just set up a new account for a credit card and the Wizard for that is great! I loved that I could assign categories right then and there.

The only problem is I only uploaded one month of data … from back in January 2009. And now I am back to the “drag and drop” consolidation to add the transactions for the remaining 5 1/2) months.  This is working better than before, and is a terrific improvement from typing in each transaction. But you spoiled me and I want to import a full month’s worth of transactions at one time

Can you make the Wizard available for uploading all the time, and not just for account set-up?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Hi,

I’d love to do that, and we hope to automate the import even more in the future… but there is a problem using the same wizard.
      During account setup, you have a clean slate, there are no entries on the account calendar, so we just import everything.
      However, the problem with an existing account is… you have existing entries, probably in the future also, which need to be merged (reconciled) with the incoming import data. Dragging one at a time allows the reconciling to happen since you can visually see whats happening.

If we can figure out a good way to solve this problem, we’ll automate it further.  In fact, once we figure that out, we are hoping to add an account aggregator, which will (optionally) go directly to your online bank account and perform this merge while you sleep every day.  However, we’re easily 6 months away from that — assuming we can even come up with a design to overcome this problem of overwriting/merging existing plans.

If you have some ideas about how to solve this puzzle, we are happy to hear them. :)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.