Home Forums Feature Wish List Change Log?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey I like the new style Eric!  The drag and drop entries is a great touch as well. 

I was updating all my accounts and such and I didn’t see the transfers or the reconcile day checks.  I assume those aren’t in yet.

Wondering about what was “IN” got me to wondering if you keep a change log for each release.  It would be great to be able to get some notice upon login that there has been some change to the site operation.  In the “Change” popup you could include a link to the forum where you could have a text changelist for the current version.  I don’t know that it would be hugely necessry once you got up and stable, but it would direct users to a central place where they could see the changes to look for and perhaps also get a bit of instruction on using the new features if you added something that wasn’t immediately obvious.  perhaps they could also ask questions about the new update there as well.

If you’re anything like me, the manual is the last thing to get updated (It’s not that I hate updating manuals, its just that I want to wait until everything is finished…debugged…sold…supported…end-of-life’d.  You know, just so I don’t accidentally leave anything out).  Having a direct link available to a place where new features are explained just a little might be useful.  They will show up on forum searches about that feature as well.

Great job so far and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Another great idea.  I usually try to send out emails, but they are a pain to compose and send out.
      I like the idea with the following revisions:

• I’ll track updates to the system by date they are released.
      • I already track your last login date – so I can show the New Features alert (similar to Google Calendars) if there are new things after your last login date && you haven’t viewed the change log.

Once implemented, this will save me time writing emails, and give those logging in after a while an update on whats available now, so you don’t miss out on cool new things that will be of benefit.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

The change log feature should be in the next code release (hopefully later tonight).

• Obelix
      Participant

Hey I like the change log.  I also like that you added a way to access it even when it doesn’t show up on the main screen (from help menu).  Nicely done

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.