Home Forums Feature Wish List Business Account

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

This topic will be to help Eric building tools for self-employed people or any other businesses.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Are there any special needs that a business account would have versus what is standard in CalendarBudget.
      The only thing that our design team has come up with in previous discussions is a budget count down.  Let me explain:

Imagine you have a marketing budget (either annually or for a specific time period or event).  Rather than the current budget system which tallies your spending monthly, you want this budget to start at $X and count down until the event or period is over. So, for example, if you had a $5,000 marketing budget for the year, you’d want it to start at $10,000 and show you how much you have left on each month according to spending so far in the year. 
      This type of budgeting system works great for any special event also.  We have this in our plans – its just a matter of prioritizing it.  So far, its only been a design discussion – noone has asked for it.

Anything other wants for a business budgeting system?

• Obelix
      Participant

Just to play the spoiler, does CalendarBudget really offer any kind of advantage for business over the other business targeted money management software out there?  Calendar budget is great for individuals trying to tame their cashflow troubles and keep their checkbooks reconciled, but I’m not sure that targeting businesses with specialty features is the best use of Eric’s time at this point.  I can perhaps see a small, one man business using CB, but anything much larger is most likely going to go to something else that’s more targeted towards the complexities of business.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Obelix,

It may be the case that I won’t focus on complicated business requirements, but I’d like to gather any need and requirements and make that decision.  If there are some simple requirements that can make CalendarBudget useful for small business owners, I’d like to understand them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.