Home Forums CalendarBudget Support [Bug] Mouse position in Chrome

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Just want to report that in the last few months I’ve been experiencing a bug in Chrome. Whenever I mouse over any day in the calendar, the hover seems to be around 25-30 pixels to the bottom-right. That is, in order to select something I need to place my mouse higher and to the left. This happens whatever I do within the calendar, but not with the rest of the interface.

It’s pretty odd, and I can’t really make a screenshot, hope you understand!

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I see this happening on the bottom row in the calendar in Chrome. Is it happening for you elsewhere?
      A screenshot would be helpful. Simplest way to do that is hit the “Prnt Scrn” button on your keyboard when the problem is on screen, then open Windows Paint and press Ctrl-V (paste). Then save and send to me.

• Lucas
      Participant

Hi Eric,

It happens on all the rows for me, not just the last one. Prnt Screen doesn’t work, it doesn’t grab the mouse. I just installed a trial for SnagIT, tried to capture an area… and for some odd reason, in the screenshot the mouse is fine.

Actually, it’s not that the icons and selections are at the wrong place – it’s that the mouse itself moves up and left. I can see it “jump” when I hover over the calendar. I’ve noticed it is correctly placed on non-repeating entries, and “between” dates (in the 1-2 px between), so it’s definitely the custom mouse pointers that are causing this.

What it looks like (and this may be completely off track) is as if your mouse pointer was a transparent gif or png that had a padding of 25px right and bottom, and your javascript to replace the pointer icon was putting it at the wrong place. That doesn’t explain why it looks fine in SnagIT when I take the screenshot though!

Anyway, I can’t give you a real screenshot but this is a mockup (not my data, this is the “Demo” data!):
      05-07-201010-19-37PM.png

As for the bottom row, I’ve noticed that before, the actual day goes “down” some 10-15px, and in my case the cursor is still higher:
      lastrow.png

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Thanks, now I understand. Yes, it sounds like the custom mouse pouters are causing problems. I’ll take a look and try to duplicate the problem on my test machines. As soon as I can duplicate the problem, I can create a fix.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

As it turns out, I can’t reproduce it. Could you tell me the version of Chrome and Windows you are using so I can try to duplicate your environment here?

• Lucas
      Participant

Hi Eric,

Actually I just realized I’m using 6.0.453.1 dev , which is not the main Chrome version… this may be one reason. I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Ahh. You’re 2 steps ahead of the main version :)
      We support the Chrome main version and beta, but not the dev version. The dev version is still changing and thus we cannot adjust to each build. Unfortunately, if you need to continue with the dev version you’re bound to run into problems on any complicated site. CalendarBudget should work well in the main and beta versions – I encourage you to switch back to the beta version.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.