Home Forums CalendarBudget Support Bank reconciling

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Im new to CB and trying to bank reconcile with Bank of America. It looks like the only way to export ofx,qfx file is to pay an additional $15/ mo. and get online banking suite. I now can only download PDF Files. Is this true? anyone use B OF A? Im also trying out Mvelopes program which automatically retrieves all my online accts when i log in. I like CB better because of the nice calendar layout with bill paying. Im hoping someone can help.
      Thanks

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

I’m not personally familiar with BofA’s online banking options. Usually exporting your transactions to OFX/QFX is included with any online banking. You might give them a quick call to see if there’s a way to get those exports with what you have now.

We are actually planning to add the option (for Premium members) to automatically link to your bank account and have CalendarBudget automatically updated. At the moment, we are planning this for late summer 2010 [fingers crossed].

• Anonymous

I was able to retrieve the file and it was included in with the online plan. thanks. How about split transaction? Example: We shop at wal-mart and pick up groceries and entertainment items and not able to split that  from the downloaded bank statement and put it in the correct category.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

We don’t allow split transactions (at the moment). Thats on our to do list. For now, You can add it as a single entry, then go back and create another entry on the same day and adjust the amount.

• Obelix
      Participant

Is the direct bank linking still in the works?  I can only get CSVs from my Credit Union.  They claim MS Money and Quicken can connect directly.  Is this along the lines for what you have planned?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Still in the works. We had originally planned to try for implementation late this summer – however, it depends on a number of business factors since that service is VERY expensive for us to offer.
      Alternatively – we could support CSV import. If you don’t mind sending me your CSV file, I should be able to add that as an import option in a relatively short period of time. I just need to make sure that your bank’s CSV format is consistent with others. I can at least compare yours with mine and if they are the same, it should be pretty straight forward.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.