Home Forums CalendarBudget Support A bug in "Category spending" report

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi!

I appriciate all the effort you give to make CB great! :) 

I would like to contribute by reporting a bug:

– I have one category where I usually SPEND money, but one month some money got returned to me (I have had a DEPOSIT instead of withdrawal on that category)

– For Example, this month I spent $50, but I also got back $75 – therefore, this category should be with NEGATIVE spending (I have INCOME of $25 on this category)

– The chart “Category spending (this month)” shows $25 as if I have spent that amount, and TOTAL on this chart is WRONG (it should SUBSRACT $25 instead of ADDING it to total spending of all categories)

I don’t know what is the solution… maybe you should make TWO CHARTS, one should show EXPENSE while other would show INCOME… In category setup you have a TYPE of category (Income or expense), but IF some spending goes negative – it should be on INCOME chart fot that month!

Cheers!

• ivicaSD
      Participant

I have a solution to differentiate whether my category spending is EXPENSE or INCOME :  in CATEGORY SETUP set monthly budget to 0, and sidebar on left-hand side will show me in RED if it was EXPENSE or in BLACK if it was INCOME. Those items (INCOME) I can just EXCLUDE from “Category spending” report, and I have accurate info about spending for that month!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.